1. Entering the room
When we enter the room, two options will appear: "Microphone" and "Listen only". If we press on "Microphone", it means that we want to actively participate by audio in the meeting.
Whereas, if we select "Listen only", you can only hear what the other participants say, but you will not be able to participate by audio.
- After having selected the "Microphone" option, it will tell you through a box to select the microphone you want to use. It is here, where you can select the source of your microphone, either the microphone of the device you use or the headphones you have connected.
- Finally, you click "Join" and you will be able to talk in the meeting.
If you click on the "listen only" option, immediately afterwards it will direct you to the meeting so that you can only listen to the interventions of the other participants.
Important: The option you choose at the start of the meeting, either "Microphone" or "listen only", does not mean that it will be final for the entire meeting. Since, then you can change the settings again during the meeting.
Turn Microphone on or off
Being inside the meeting, we can choose whether to activate or deactivate the microphone. How you can do this will depend on how you entered the room.
- If "Microphone" was chosen at the time of entering the Room
- What you will have to do is go to the bottom left, find the microphone icon.
- Then, you can mute/unmute the microphone by click the Microphone icon.
- And in case you want to do more settings on your microphone, you can click that small down arrow icon to see more options.
- If "listen only" was chosen at the time of entering the Room
- What you will have to do is go to the lower left part, locate the microphone icon, and click on it.
- A box will immediately appear in which you will need to select the microphone of your preference. Finally, you will need to click on "Join".
- At that point your microphone will be activated.
- Then you can mute/unmute the microphone by click the Microphone icon or click that down arrow icon to see more options.
- If "Microphone" was chosen at the time of entering the Room
Select the microphone of preference
While by the time you entered the meeting, you may have already set up the microphone of preference, you can do it again while the meeting is being held. For that, you need to go to the microphone icon and then select within the first options of the drop-down list, the microphone you prefer to use.
This way of choosing the microphone can be used if the microphone has already been activated.
When the meeting is taking place, you can choose to turn on the webcam.
- To do this you need to go to the bottom left and press on the camera icon.
- After that, you will be asked “ plugNmeet requires you to give it access permission to your camera ”, in which you will have to select "Allow".
- Immediately afterwards, it will be able to display you on your screen.
- Below your video image, you will see some options, these are virtual background options. You can choose a virtual background options if you want.
- Finally, you click on "Share".
This is how you will have already activated your webcam.
- Turn off webcam
- In case you no longer want to share your webcam, what you will have to do is go to the camera icon.
- Just click the camera icon once
- Your webcam will no longer be shared immediately.
4. Share Screen
- To share, you will have to go to the bottom center and select the icon of a laptop with an arrow.
- Then, a box will appear where you can select which window, browser tab or screen you want to share.
- You click on “Share”.
- Screen sharing will now be taking place.
- Later, in case you want to stop sharing the screen, you must go again to the icon of a laptop with an arrow.
In the meeting it is possible to use a shared whiteboard among all participants.
To activate the whiteboard, you have to go to the bottom center and click on the whiteboard icon. And the whiteboard will have already been activated.
Within the whiteboard, various tools will appear to use, but they will only be available if the moderator has given participants access.
- Zoom or zoom out: Its location is in the lower left, where with the symbol "+" you can zoom, while if you select "-" it will move away.
- Undo or Redo: Its location is in the lower left. If the arrow is on the left, it means that you want to undo the last change made; on the other hand, if the arrow is to the right, it means that you want to redo the last change you had discarded.
- Shapes: Its location is in the upper central part. The shape that is selected is the one that can be drawn on the board and customized depending on the size and color you want.
- Pencil: Its location is in the upper central part. With the icon of a pencil. It will allow you to write freely, with the color you want.
- Text: Its location is in the upper central part. With the "A" icon. It will allow you to write text, with the color, size, and font you want.
- Images: Its location is in the upper right. Allows you to attach images to display on the board. You will only have to click on the "Clip" icon and select the image you want to appear on the whiteboard and then be able to enlarge or shrink it.
- Delete: Your location is at the top left. With the icon of a bin. Pressing will cause everything that was done on the whiteboard to be erased.
- Export: Its location is in the upper left. With the icon of an image with an arrow to the right. When clicked, it will lead to a window in which you can choose the type of format in which you want to export the content of the whiteboard (PNG or SVG), as well as the scale (1x, 2x 3x) and whether you want to place a white or transparent background. To finally export it, the final step should be to choose the format to export, which will lead to a window in which one must select the location of where you want the file to be exported.
In case you no longer want to use the whiteboard, what you will have to do is go to the bottom center and click on the whiteboard icon.
And if there are still traces on the board, they will not be eliminated, but can continue to be used in the same place that was left when the board is reactivated.
6. Share Notepad
- Activate notepad
The moderator has to activate the notepad and the functions.
- Use notepad
Within the notepad, several tools will appear to use.
In the upper left you can see the options to put the text in bold, italic, underlined and strikethrough. In addition, you can enumerate, list the text, modify the alignment of the text and make use of undo or redo.
Also, in the central part, where you can see a blank sheet, is where you can write the text.
Finally, to export the document or import an existing one, you have to go to the top right and click on the arrow icon to choose the option you want.
- Hide notepad In case you no longer want to use the notepad, the moderator will have to deactivate it.
7. Raise your hand
- To raise your hand, you will have to go to the bottom center and select the hand icon.
- Then, it will notify you that you have raised your hand.
- Then, if you no longer want to have your hand raised, you must go back to the hand icon and press to lower the hand.
8. Breakout room
The moderator may divide the session into groups:
- You will look a notification at the bottom right indicating that you have been invited to a breakout room. There you will have to click on "Join".
- Then a new tab will open to enter your group.
- Your room will have a duration of minutes that the moderator will set.
- Once the time is up, a message will appear saying, "Room disconnected".
- Then, you will have to close that tab and return to the tab where the main room is.
Each breakout room has the same functionalities as the main room.
9. Public Chat
- To be able to view the chat, you must go to the bottom center and select the icon of a message.
- Then, you will be able to see that you can write messages in the chat.
- In addition, you can send files. To do this, within the chat, you will see a clip icon. You press on it.
- Then, you select the file, and you will see that in the chat the link of your file will appear so that the other participants can download it.
10. Private Chat
During the meeting you can send private messages to the users who are present in the video call:
- To do this you first have to make sure you can view the list of participants.
- Then identify the user to whom you will want to write a private message.
- You will see that on the side of his name there is a symbol of "...". You'll have to click in those three points.
- Then you will select the option "Send private message".
- Next, the chat will be set up so that you only talk to the user you wanted to send a private message to.
- In the chat the name of the user will appear, and the chat will already be enabled to be able to send a private message. If you no longer want to send private messages, you can change it to public chat:
- You'll have to go to the chat and tap on the username.
- A drop-down list will appear, and you will select "Public chat".
- That way you can return to the public chat.
11. Waiting Room
The meeting can be configured with a waiting room so that users wait before entering. So a message will appear while you are waiting. The approval of your admission will depend on the moderator.
The moderator will be able to make polls to know the opinions of the participants within the meeting.
- When the moderator creates a new poll, a notification will appear on the upper right side indicating that there is a new poll and you will have to click on "Open".
- Then, it will direct you to the "Polls" tab.
- You will select the survey that has just been created.
- You will click on "Vote" from the survey.
- A dialog box will appear in which you can select your answer and click on "Submit". That way you will record your vote.
- The moderator will then define when the poll will end.
- After the survey is over, you will be able to see the results in the section where you voted, because now a button will be enabled that dries "view result".
- It should be noted that the moderator will also be able to publish the results in the public chat, so you may be able to see them there.
13. See list of participants
- To see the list of participants, what must be done is to go to the bottom center, select the icon on which two people appear.
- In case you no longer want to see, you press again on the same icon.
14. Access general settings
To be able to make general configurations of the meeting, what must be done is to go to the top left, select the icon of three vertical dots, and then choose "Settings".
Three sections will appear here:
Here you can choose the preferred language.
It can be activated if you want to show webcams or screen sharing in the meeting.
You can choose whether to allow an audio notification.
15. Software Version
If you want to know which version of the software you are using now, you can go to the top left, select the icon of three vertical dots, and then choose "Settings". From the pop up window, at the bottom area, you will see the current version of the software.
This information is useful when you want to report a problem about the software.
16. Logout the meeting
- To be able to leave the meeting, you must go to the upper right, select the icon of the three vertical points, and then choose “Log out”.
- A confirmation box will then appear to make sure you want to leave the meeting.